Problem dropping in LTAF 2.0 and running within my project

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I installed 2.0.1 from Nuget into VS.NET 2010 and the I downloaded source. When I browse to /tests/default.aspx, I get:
Using themed css files requires a header control on the page. (e.g. <head runat="server" />). 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Using themed css files requires a header control on the page. (e.g. <head runat="server" />).

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 


[InvalidOperationException: Using themed css files requires a header control on the page. (e.g. <head runat="server" />).]
   System.Web.UI.PageTheme.SetStyleSheet() +2861722
   System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +9644944
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +489
If I alter the markup for this page, adding runat=server to a head section, I'll get:
The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>). 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).
I was able to hack around and get the page to execute tests by removing the code blocks and hardcoding the file names. Example of a change I did in default.aspx:
<iframe name="testFrame" src="StartUpPage.htm" style="width: 70%; height: 1000px; overflow:auto" />
Note: I copied in the referenced files, scripts, css, etc into the test folder, just to get it working, but its clearly an ugly hack and I would like to get this installed and running without these mods. I'll happily reinstall according to correct procedure if that is available.
Jun 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I was never able to get the LTAF tests, using \test\default.aspx page, to work correctly while its embedded within my pre-existing web application. I spend a good deal of time on it with no joy and I had to cut bait and try something else to get i working.

My workaround was to add a new project to the solution called myTests with a myTests.vb test class pointing to the my other project and it performs tests on the other project in the solution. This is a reasonable workaround for me.
Jun 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM